ISSUE-67: StatingFormalDefinitions

From: Reul, Q. H. <q.reul@abdn.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 15:13:41 -0000
To: <public-swd-wg@w3.org>

Hi all,

I read the SKOS reference [1] and I wouldn't say that I found any formal
definition confusing. However, I found that many terms used to represent
the SKOS properties or concepts could be confusing such as skos:broader
(as discussed in [2]) and skos:labelRelated [3].

I would suggest that we use a formal definition such as skos:Concept
rdf:type owl:Class, which should remove any confusion about the
definition.

Regards,

Quentin

[1] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/SKOS/reference/20071223
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Dec/0039.html
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Jan/0008.html

* Quentin H. Reul                        *
* PhD Research Student                   *
* Department of Computing Science        *
* University of Aberdeen, King's College *
* Room 238 in the Meston Building        *
* ABERDEEN AB24 3UE                      *
* Phone: +44 (0)1224 27 4485             *
* http://www.csd.abdn.ac.uk/~qreul       *