W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swd-wg@w3.org > January 2008

Regrets - Re: [ALL] agenda 8 Jan telecon 1600 UTC

From: Justin Thorp <juth@loc.gov>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 10:57:18 -0500
Message-Id: <4783570E020000D8000266E9@ntgwgate.loc.gov>
To: "Guus Schreiber" <schreiber@cs.vu.nl>, "SWD WG" <public-swd-wg@w3.org>

I'm unfortunately in the middle of a project with a fast approaching deadline and won't be able to attend the conf call today.

cheers,
Justin

>>> Guus Schreiber <schreiber@cs.vu.nl> 1/7/2008 11:29 AM >>>

Agenda - Jan 8 2008 SWD telecon - 1600 UTC
W3C Semantic Web Deployment Working Group
     http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/ 
     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/ 
     Tuesday, 1600 UTC / 0800 Seattle / 1100 Boston / 1600 London / 1700 
Amsterdam
     Phone
         Boston: +1-617-761-6200
         Nice: +33-4-8906-3499
         Bristol: +44-117-370-6152
     Conference code 79394# ('SWDWG')
     IRC irc://irc.w3.org:6665/swd Web-based IRC (member-only)

Chair: Guus
Scribe: Jon (on deck Diego)
Regrets:

Attendance of SWD WG telecons is restricted to registered WG
participants and persons invited by the chairs.

======================================================================

1. ADMIN (10 min)
---------------------------------------

PROPOSED to accept minutes of the Dec 18 telecon:

      http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-swd-minutes.html 

Next telecon: 15 January 2008 1600 UTC

Upcoming telecons and scribes -
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/ScribeDuty 

======================================================================
2. SKOS - see
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Deliverables#SKOS 

-- SKOS Reference (Alistair, Sean)

Draft Reference:
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/SKOS/reference/20071223 

ACTION: Quentin to review Editor's draft of SKOS Reference [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action02] 
See: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Jan/0004.html 

ACTION: Vit to review Editor's draft of SKOS Reference [recorded in 
]http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action03]

Comments Tom:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Jan/0000.html 


-- SKOS Primer (Antoine, Ed)
    http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SKOS/Primer 

ACTION: Alistair and Guus write draft section in primer on relationship 
between SKOS concepts and OWL classes for OWL DL users [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/11/06-swd-minutes.html#action05] 


-- SKOS Extension Module
    http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SkosDesign/SKOS-XL 

ACTION: Alistair to propose an approach to clarify which aspects of the 
extension module should be in scope for the candidate recommendation 
package. [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-swd-minutes.html#action06] 


-- ISSUE-36 ConceptSchemeContainment
    http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/36 

     Antoine proposes that the WG adopt the following
     resolution for Issue-36 [2]:

     RESOLUTION: skos:inScheme is not deprecated, skos:inScheme is not a
     subproperty of rdfs:isDefinedBy. In accordance [3] can be kept, but
     adding inScheme in the proposed vocabulary as well as domain and range
     statements for this property. It should also include the following
     sentence: "The SKOS Primer also defines best practices for using
     skos:inScheme to explicitly state the relationship between a SKOS
     conceptual resource and the concept scheme(s) to which it belongs."

     The general idea is "we let the opportunity of using rdfs:isDefinedBy
     for some purposes open, but skos:inScheme is clearly what is needed for
     concept scheme membership and we keep it in the SKOS language".

     [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Dec/0058.html 
     [3] 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SkosDesign/ConceptSchemes/MinimalProposal?action=recall&rev=1 

ACTION: Alistair and Guus to prepare material for next week on Concept 
Schemes vs OWL Ontologies [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/10/30-swd-minutes.html#action04] 

ACTION: Guus to write up the issue [of Label Resource] and add to the 
issue list. [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-swd-minutes.html#action01] 

ACTION: Ralph to add pointer to Alistair's mail on grouping constructs 
as a note to resolution of ISSUE-39. [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-swd-minutes.html#action05] 

ACTION: Ralph to check whether the common interpretation of [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-swd-minutes.html#action10] 


======================================================================
3. RDFa - see RDFa Overview document http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/ 

-- RDFa Task Force telecons
    Teleconferences on Thursdays, 1600 UTC - open to "everyone 
interested in RDFa"
    irc://irc.w3.org:6665/rdfa, conference code 7332# ('RDFa').
    Minutes of last telecons:
    http://www.w3.org/2007/12/20-rdfa-minutes.html 
    http://www.w3.org/2008/01/03-rdfa-minutes.html 

To discuss: timing review/decision (15-1?)


Update: Diego and Ed will review updated syntax document
(http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-syntax/) before holidays.  We will
take a decision on 8 January telecon (with XHTML2 WG) on Last Call
comment period of 4 to 6 weeks.

ACTION: Ben and Michael to address comments by Tom [regarding 
maintenance of wiki document http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa] 
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action05] 

ACTION: Ben to prepare draft implementation report for RDFa (with 
assistance from Michael) [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action03] 

ACTION: Ben to update RDFa schedule in wiki 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa#RDFa_schedule [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action04] 

ACTION: Diego to review RDFa syntax document by early January [recorded 
in http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-swd-minutes.html#action12] 

ACTION: Ed to review RDFa syntax document by early January [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-swd-minutes.html#action13] 


======================================================================
4. RECIPES - see
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Deliverables#Recipes 

We are currently looking at Recipes editors' draft of 3 December: 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/recipes/draft-20071203 

ACTION: Ralph and Ed to review recipes document [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-swd-minutes.html#action18]

     ON THIS CALL, can we approve the publication of the Editor's
     Draft of 3 December as a (revised) Working Draft replacing [2]?
     Then confirm intentions to finish the work as a Note, set schedule.
     update wiki [3].

     [1] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/recipes/draft-20071203 
     [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-swbp-vocab-pub-20060314/ 
     [3] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Deliverables#Recipes.

ACTION: Dan to ask apache about conditional redirects [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-swd-minutes.html#action07] 

ACTION: Ralph propose resolution to ISSUE-16 "Default behavior" 
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14] 

ACTION: Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of Recipes 
implementations] [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-swd-minutes.html#action03] 

ACTION: Ralph and Ed to review recipes document [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-swd-minutes.html#action18] 


======================================================================
5. VOCABULARY MANAGEMENT - see
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Deliverables#VocabularyMgt 

ACTION: Vit and Elisa to include in the document all the target sections 
plus an allocation of sections to people and potentially a standard 
structure for sections [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action07] 

-- 
VU University Amsterdam, Computer Science
De Boelelaan 1081a, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
T: +31 20 598 7739/7718; F: +31 84 712 1446
Home page: http://www.cs.vu.nl/~guus/ 
Received on Tuesday, 8 January 2008 15:58:13 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:07:52 UTC