W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swd-wg@w3.org > February 2008

[ALL] agenda 5 Feb telecon - 1600 UTC

From: Guus Schreiber <schreiber@cs.vu.nl>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 19:20:32 +0100
Message-ID: <47A75770.6060901@cs.vu.nl>
To: SWD WG <public-swd-wg@w3.org>

Agenda - Feb 5 2008 SWD telecon - 1600 UTC
W3C Semantic Web Deployment Working Group
      http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/
      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/
      Tuesday, 1600 UTC / 0800 Seattle / 1100 Boston / 
1600 London / 1700  Amsterdam
      Phone
          Boston: +1-617-761-6200
          Nice: +33-4-8906-3499
          Bristol: +44-117-370-6152
      Conference code 79394# ('SWDWG')
      IRC irc://irc.w3.org:6665/swd Web-based IRC 
(member-only)

Chair: Guus
Scribe: Michael (on deck Alistair)
Regrets:

Attendance of SWD WG telecons is restricted to 
registered WG
participants and persons invited by the chairs.

======================================================================

1. ADMIN (10 min)
---------------------------------------

PROPOSED to accept minutes of the Jan 29 telecon:

       http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html

Next telecon: 12 February 2008 1600 UTC

Upcoming telecons and scribes -
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/ScribeDuty

ACTION: Chairs to put schedule review on agenda. 
[recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action24]


======================================================================
2. SKOS - see
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Deliverables#SKOS


- discussion:
   Which (N3/Turtle/..) notation are we using in our 
documents?

ACTION: Guus to schedule to discussion on the notation 
(syntax) used in SKOS examples in Reference and Primer 
in two weeks time, i.e. on 29 January [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action05]
DONE


-- SKOS Reference (Alistair, Sean)
    http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-skos-reference-20080125/

ACTION: Alistair to solicit feedback via mailing lists 
on WD [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action22]
DONE: 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Jan/0206.html


-- SKOS Issues:
    http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues

- Review of unresolved issues: priorities?

Message from Tom:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Feb/0004.html


ACTION: Alistair to make a proposal for Issue 40 
(Concept Coordination) [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html#action09]

ACTION: Alistair to respond to original query regarding 
Issue 41 [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html#action10]

   Progress:
 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Jan/0192.html

ACTION: Alistair to write a resolution for ISSUE 31 
(citing current WD) [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html#action06]
DONE

   PROPSED resolution:
 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Jan/0191.html


ACTION: Antoine to propose resolution to Issue 32 based 
on text from
the primer [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html#action07]
DONE

   PROPOSED resolution:
 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Jan/0193.html

ACTION: Alistair and Guus to prepare material for next 
week on Concept Schemes vs OWL Ontologies [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action10]

ACTION: Sean to propose postponing the issue. [recorded 
in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html#action08]

ACTION: Alistair to propose an approach to clarify 
which aspects of the extension module should be in 
scope for the candidate recommendation package. 
[recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action09]

ACTION: Ralph to check whether the common 
interpretation of rdfs isDefinedBy fits the reasoning 
that was made in 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Oct/0141.html 
[recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-swd-minutes.html#action10]

ACTION: Alistair and Guus to check the text in the 
primer on relationship between Concept Schemes and OWL 
Ontologies. [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html#action13]


-- SKOS Primer (Antoine, Ed)
     http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SKOS/Primer

RIF comments:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Jan/0150.html

ACTION: Alistair and Guus write draft section in primer 
on relationship between SKOS concepts and OWL classes 
for OWL DL users [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action06]
DONE:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Jan/0198.html

-- SKOS implementations

SKOS editor:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Jan/0220.html

======================================================================
3. RDFa - see RDFa Overview document 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/

-- RDFa Task Force telecons
     Teleconferences on Thursdays, 1600 UTC - open to 
"everyone interested in RDFa"
     irc://irc.w3.org:6665/rdfa, conference code 7332# 
('RDFa').
     Minutes of last telecon:
 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Jan/0223.html

RDFa Syntax draft ready for review:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Jan/0176.html

ACTION: Ed to review RDFa syntax document [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-swd-minutes.html#action13]

ACTION: Diego to review RDFa syntax document [recorded 
in http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-swd-minutes.html#action12]
DONEL
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Jan/0197.html

ACTION: Ben to prepare draft implementation report for 
RDFa (with assistance from Michael) [recorded in 
[recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14]

ACTION: Ben and Michael to address comments by Tom 
[regarding maintenance of wiki document 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa] [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action05]

ACTION: Ben to prepare the email to request the 
decision for publishing on Feb 12th [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html#action24]

ACTION: Ralph confirm with the RDFa Task Force that the 
current RDFa Syntax document is the Last Call candidate 
and note that SWD WG plans to put that resolution on 
its 12-Feb agenda [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html#action19]


======================================================================
4. RECIPES -

New WD published:
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-swbp-vocab-pub-20080123/

ACTION: Diego to solicit feedback via mailing lists on 
WD [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action22]

ACTION: Ralph propose resolution to ISSUE-16 "Default 
behavior" [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14]

ACTION: Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation 
[of Recipes implementations] [recorded in [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action20]


======================================================================
5. VOCABULARY MANAGEMENT - see
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Deliverables#VocabularyMgt

ACTION: Vit and Elisa to include in the document all 
the target sections plus an allocation of sections to 
people and potentially a standard structure for 
sections [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action07]


-- 
VU University Amsterdam, Computer Science
De Boelelaan 1081a, 1081 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands
T: +31 20 598 7739/7718; F: +31 84 712 1446
Home page: http://www.cs.vu.nl/~guus/
Received on Monday, 4 February 2008 18:20:59 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:31:48 UTC