W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swd-wg@w3.org > December 2007

Re: [ALL] Agenda - Dec 18 2007 SWD telecon - 1600 UTC

From: Vit Novacek <vit.novacek@deri.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 15:19:15 +0000
Message-ID: <4767E4F3.1020305@deri.org>
To: Thomas Baker <baker@sub.uni-goettingen.de>
CC: SWD Working Group <public-swd-wg@w3.org>

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Hi,

regrets for this (and the following, till January 8th)  meeting - I'm on
holidays, so I won't be generally available, at least on phone, even though I
might follow you on IRC on some occasions.

Cheers,
Vit

Thomas Baker wrote:
> Agenda - Dec 18 2007 SWD telecon - 1600 UTC
> W3C Semantic Web Deployment Working Group
>     http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/
>     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/
>     Tuesday, 1600 UTC / 0800 Seattle / 1100 Boston / 1600 London / 1700 Amsterdam
>     Phone
>         Boston: +1-617-761-6200
>         Nice: +33-4-8906-3499
>         Bristol: +44-117-370-6152
>     Conference code 79394# ('SWDWG')
>     IRC irc://irc.w3.org:6665/swd Web-based IRC (member-only)
> 
> Chair: Tom
> Scribe: Michael (Jon on deck)
> Regrets: 
> 
> Attendance of SWD WG telecons is restricted to registered WG
> participants and persons invited by the chairs.
> 
> ======================================================================
> 
> 1. ADMIN (10 min)
> ---------------------------------------
> 
> PROPOSED to accept minutes of the Dec 04 telecon:
> 
>      http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-swd-minutes.html
> 
> Next telecon: 4 December 1600 UTC
> 
> Upcoming telecons and scribes - 
> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/ScribeDuty
> 
> ======================================================================
> 2. SKOS - see
> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Deliverables#SKOS
> 
> -- SKOS Reference (Alistair, Sean)
> 
> Goal: produce new draft before the holidays and use the 
> holiday period for review.
> 
> ACTION: Quentin to review Editor's draft of SKOS Reference [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action02]
> 
> ACTION: Vit to review Editor's draft of SKOS Reference [recorded in ]http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action03]
> 
> -- SKOS Primer (Antoine, Ed)
>    http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SKOS/Primer
> 
> ACTION: Alistair and Guus write draft section in primer on relationship between SKOS concepts and OWL classes for OWL DL users [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/06-swd-minutes.html#action05]
> 
> -- ISSUE-39 Conceptual mapping links
>    http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/39
> 
> ACTION: Antoine to send a msg proposing a resolution for next week telecon on ISSUE-39 considering Alistair's 3 subtopics [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-swd-minutes.html#action07]
> 
>     ON THIS CALL, we decide whether to accept as a solution to ISSUE-39
>     http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SkosDesign/ConceptualMapping/ProposalTwo?action=recall&rev=5
>     With respect to sub-topics raised by Alistair:
> 
>     (ISSUE-39A) Should "grouping" constructs for mapping be included, and if
>     so, what are their semantics?
> 
>         This sub-issue is postponed until until a solution has been found to
>         ISSUE-40 ConceptCoordination [8] and ISSUE-45
>         NaryLinksBetweenDescriptorsAndNonDescriptors [9], which are about very
>         similar problems.
> 
>     (ISSUE-39B) Is it necessary to have parallel vocabulary (skos:broader //
>     skos:broadMatch etc.)? If not, how do you differentiate between
>     intra-scheme vs. inter-scheme semantic links?
> 
>         This sub-issue is dealt with: the SKOS mapping relations are
>         introduced as parallel to the existing SKOS semantic relations
>         (skos:broader, etc)
> 
>     (ISSUE-39C) What's the difference between "related" and "overlapping"? Is
>     there enough precedent to justify a new property for "overlapping"?
> 
>         This sub-issue is dealt with: only skos:relatedMatch is kept in the
>         proposal, and a discussion item gives motivation for it.
> 
> -- SKOS Extension Module
>    http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SkosDesign/SKOS-XL
> 
> ACTION: Alistair to propose an approach to clarify which aspects of the extension module should be in scope for the candidate recommendation package. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-swd-minutes.html#action06]
> 
> -- ISSUE-36 ConceptSchemeContainment
>    http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/36
> 
> ACTION: Antoine to send a mail to the list so as to have a discussion on ISSUE-36 and isDefinedBy for next week's telecon [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-swd-minutes.html#action09]
>     
>     ON THIS CALL: Antoine proposes that the WG adopt the following 
>     resolution for Issue-36 [2]:
> 
>     RESOLUTION: skos:inScheme is not deprecated, skos:inScheme is not a
>     subproperty of rdfs:isDefinedBy. In accordance [3] can be kept, but
>     adding inScheme in the proposed vocabulary as well as domain and range
>     statements for this property. It should also include the following
>     sentence: "The SKOS Primer also defines best practices for using
>     skos:inScheme to explicitly state the relationship between a SKOS
>     conceptual resource and the concept scheme(s) to which it belongs."
> 
>     The general idea is "we let the opportunity of using rdfs:isDefinedBy
>     for some purposes open, but skos:inScheme is clearly what is needed for
>     concept scheme membership and we keep it in the SKOS language".
> 
>     [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Dec/0058.html
>     [3] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SkosDesign/ConceptSchemes/MinimalProposal?action=recall&rev=1
> 
> ACTION: Alistair and Guus to prepare material for next week on Concept Schemes vs OWL Ontologies [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/30-swd-minutes.html#action04]
> 
> ACTION: Ralph to reconstruct proposal for semantics of isDefinedBy [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/30-swd-minutes.html#action02]
> 
>     Antoine proposes that this be reformulated to read:
>     "Ralph to check whether the common interpretation of
>     rdfs:isDefinedBy fits the reasoning that was made in [1]."
> 
>     [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Oct/0141.html
> 
> ACTION: Guus to write up the issue [of Label Resource] and add to the issue list. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-swd-minutes.html#action01]
> 
> ======================================================================
> 3. RDFa - see RDFa Overview document http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/
> 
> -- RDFa Task Force telecons
>    Teleconferences on Thursdays, 1600 UTC - open to "everyone interested in RDFa"
>    irc://irc.w3.org:6665/rdfa, conference code 7332# ('RDFa').
>    Minutes of last telecon:
>    http://www.w3.org/2007/12/06-rdfa-minutes.html
> 
> Update: Diego and Ed will review updated syntax document
> (http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-syntax/) before holidays.  We will
> take a decision on 8 January telecon (with XHTML2 WG) on Last Call
> comment period of 4 to 6 weeks.
> 
> ACTION: Ben and Michael to address comments by Tom [regarding maintenance of wiki document http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa] recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action05]
> 
> ACTION: Ben to prepare draft implementation report for RDFa (with assistance from Michael) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action03]
> 
> ACTION: Ben to update RDFa schedule in wiki http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa#RDFa_schedule [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action04]
> 
> ======================================================================
> 4. RECIPES - see
> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Deliverables#Recipes
> 
> We are currently looking at Recipes editors' draft of 3 December: http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/recipes/draft-20071203
> 
> ACTION: Ralph and Ed to review recipes document [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-swd-minutes.html#action18]
>     
>     ON THIS CALL, can we approve the publication of the Editor's 
>     Draft of 3 December as a (revised) Working Draft replacing [2]?
>     Then confirm intentions to finish the work as a Note, set schedule.
>     update wiki [3].
> 
>     [1] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/recipes/draft-20071203
>     [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-swbp-vocab-pub-20060314/
>     [3] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Deliverables#Recipes.
> 
> ACTION: Dan to ask apache about conditional redirects [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-swd-minutes.html#action07]
> 
> ACTION: Ralph propose resolution to ISSUE-16 "Default behavior" [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14]
> 
> ACTION: Ralph to come up with a URI for wiki page [for Recipes implementations] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-swd-minutes.html#action04]
> -- see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Dec/0057.html
> 
> ACTION: Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of Recipes implementations] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-swd-minutes.html#action03]
> 
> ======================================================================
> 5. VOCABULARY MANAGEMENT - see
> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Deliverables#VocabularyMgt
> 
> ACTION: Vit and Elisa to include in the document all the target sections plus an allocation of sections to people and potentially a standard structure for sections [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action07]
> 
> 


- --
Vit Novacek

SmILE group
Digital Enterprise Research Institute (DERI)
National University of Ireland, Galway
Lower Dangan
Galway, Ireland
Tel: +353 91 495738
Fax: +353 91 495541
Web: http://www.deri.ie/about/team/member/vit_novacek/

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFHZ+Tzc7uyClWR0g8RAgIoAJ4ytagnG+3hVd6w1mNQeQoG8Q6ZGQCfdgDU
zypZ2GZqvSK4SvQBpEp1PPE=
=PEjV
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Received on Tuesday, 18 December 2007 15:19:38 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:07:51 UTC