W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swd-wg@w3.org > December 2007

[ALL] Agenda - Dec 18 2007 SWD telecon - 1600 UTC

From: Thomas Baker <baker@sub.uni-goettingen.de>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 10:59:58 +0100
To: SWD Working Group <public-swd-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <20071218095958.GA3876@octavius>

Agenda - Dec 18 2007 SWD telecon - 1600 UTC
W3C Semantic Web Deployment Working Group
    http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/
    Tuesday, 1600 UTC / 0800 Seattle / 1100 Boston / 1600 London / 1700 Amsterdam
    Phone
        Boston: +1-617-761-6200
        Nice: +33-4-8906-3499
        Bristol: +44-117-370-6152
    Conference code 79394# ('SWDWG')
    IRC irc://irc.w3.org:6665/swd Web-based IRC (member-only)

Chair: Tom
Scribe: Michael (Jon on deck)
Regrets: 

Attendance of SWD WG telecons is restricted to registered WG
participants and persons invited by the chairs.

======================================================================

1. ADMIN (10 min)
---------------------------------------

PROPOSED to accept minutes of the Dec 04 telecon:

     http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-swd-minutes.html

Next telecon: 4 December 1600 UTC

Upcoming telecons and scribes - 
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/ScribeDuty

======================================================================
2. SKOS - see
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Deliverables#SKOS

-- SKOS Reference (Alistair, Sean)

Goal: produce new draft before the holidays and use the 
holiday period for review.

ACTION: Quentin to review Editor's draft of SKOS Reference [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action02]

ACTION: Vit to review Editor's draft of SKOS Reference [recorded in ]http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action03]

-- SKOS Primer (Antoine, Ed)
   http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SKOS/Primer

ACTION: Alistair and Guus write draft section in primer on relationship between SKOS concepts and OWL classes for OWL DL users [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/06-swd-minutes.html#action05]

-- ISSUE-39 Conceptual mapping links
   http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/39

ACTION: Antoine to send a msg proposing a resolution for next week telecon on ISSUE-39 considering Alistair's 3 subtopics [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-swd-minutes.html#action07]

    ON THIS CALL, we decide whether to accept as a solution to ISSUE-39
    http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SkosDesign/ConceptualMapping/ProposalTwo?action=recall&rev=5
    With respect to sub-topics raised by Alistair:

    (ISSUE-39A) Should "grouping" constructs for mapping be included, and if
    so, what are their semantics?

        This sub-issue is postponed until until a solution has been found to
        ISSUE-40 ConceptCoordination [8] and ISSUE-45
        NaryLinksBetweenDescriptorsAndNonDescriptors [9], which are about very
        similar problems.

    (ISSUE-39B) Is it necessary to have parallel vocabulary (skos:broader //
    skos:broadMatch etc.)? If not, how do you differentiate between
    intra-scheme vs. inter-scheme semantic links?

        This sub-issue is dealt with: the SKOS mapping relations are
        introduced as parallel to the existing SKOS semantic relations
        (skos:broader, etc)

    (ISSUE-39C) What's the difference between "related" and "overlapping"? Is
    there enough precedent to justify a new property for "overlapping"?

        This sub-issue is dealt with: only skos:relatedMatch is kept in the
        proposal, and a discussion item gives motivation for it.

-- SKOS Extension Module
   http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SkosDesign/SKOS-XL

ACTION: Alistair to propose an approach to clarify which aspects of the extension module should be in scope for the candidate recommendation package. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-swd-minutes.html#action06]

-- ISSUE-36 ConceptSchemeContainment
   http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/36

ACTION: Antoine to send a mail to the list so as to have a discussion on ISSUE-36 and isDefinedBy for next week's telecon [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-swd-minutes.html#action09]
    
    ON THIS CALL: Antoine proposes that the WG adopt the following 
    resolution for Issue-36 [2]:

    RESOLUTION: skos:inScheme is not deprecated, skos:inScheme is not a
    subproperty of rdfs:isDefinedBy. In accordance [3] can be kept, but
    adding inScheme in the proposed vocabulary as well as domain and range
    statements for this property. It should also include the following
    sentence: "The SKOS Primer also defines best practices for using
    skos:inScheme to explicitly state the relationship between a SKOS
    conceptual resource and the concept scheme(s) to which it belongs."

    The general idea is "we let the opportunity of using rdfs:isDefinedBy
    for some purposes open, but skos:inScheme is clearly what is needed for
    concept scheme membership and we keep it in the SKOS language".

    [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Dec/0058.html
    [3] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SkosDesign/ConceptSchemes/MinimalProposal?action=recall&rev=1

ACTION: Alistair and Guus to prepare material for next week on Concept Schemes vs OWL Ontologies [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/30-swd-minutes.html#action04]

ACTION: Ralph to reconstruct proposal for semantics of isDefinedBy [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/30-swd-minutes.html#action02]

    Antoine proposes that this be reformulated to read:
    "Ralph to check whether the common interpretation of
    rdfs:isDefinedBy fits the reasoning that was made in [1]."

    [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Oct/0141.html

ACTION: Guus to write up the issue [of Label Resource] and add to the issue list. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-swd-minutes.html#action01]

======================================================================
3. RDFa - see RDFa Overview document http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/

-- RDFa Task Force telecons
   Teleconferences on Thursdays, 1600 UTC - open to "everyone interested in RDFa"
   irc://irc.w3.org:6665/rdfa, conference code 7332# ('RDFa').
   Minutes of last telecon:
   http://www.w3.org/2007/12/06-rdfa-minutes.html

Update: Diego and Ed will review updated syntax document
(http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-syntax/) before holidays.  We will
take a decision on 8 January telecon (with XHTML2 WG) on Last Call
comment period of 4 to 6 weeks.

ACTION: Ben and Michael to address comments by Tom [regarding maintenance of wiki document http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa] recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action05]

ACTION: Ben to prepare draft implementation report for RDFa (with assistance from Michael) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action03]

ACTION: Ben to update RDFa schedule in wiki http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa#RDFa_schedule [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action04]

======================================================================
4. RECIPES - see
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Deliverables#Recipes

We are currently looking at Recipes editors' draft of 3 December: http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/recipes/draft-20071203

ACTION: Ralph and Ed to review recipes document [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/12/11-swd-minutes.html#action18]
    
    ON THIS CALL, can we approve the publication of the Editor's 
    Draft of 3 December as a (revised) Working Draft replacing [2]?
    Then confirm intentions to finish the work as a Note, set schedule.
    update wiki [3].

    [1] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/recipes/draft-20071203
    [2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-swbp-vocab-pub-20060314/
    [3] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Deliverables#Recipes.

ACTION: Dan to ask apache about conditional redirects [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-swd-minutes.html#action07]

ACTION: Ralph propose resolution to ISSUE-16 "Default behavior" [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14]

ACTION: Ralph to come up with a URI for wiki page [for Recipes implementations] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-swd-minutes.html#action04]
-- see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Dec/0057.html

ACTION: Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of Recipes implementations] [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-swd-minutes.html#action03]

======================================================================
5. VOCABULARY MANAGEMENT - see
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Deliverables#VocabularyMgt

ACTION: Vit and Elisa to include in the document all the target sections plus an allocation of sections to people and potentially a standard structure for sections [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action07]


-- 
Thomas Baker <baker@sub.uni-goettingen.de>
W3C Semantic Web Deployment Working Group
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/
Received on Tuesday, 18 December 2007 10:00:17 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:07:51 UTC