Re: [VM] name for the cookbook

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 10:39:56 -0500
To: Frank Manola <fmanola@acm.org>
Cc: public-swbp-wg@w3.org

* Frank Manola <fmanola@acm.org> [2006-01-17 09:50-0500]

> Speaking as mostly a lurker, and at the risk of being considered
> terminally dull, I like Ralph's original suggestion (or even "Serving
> RDFS and OWL Vocabularies").  Shorter is better, especially when the
> only reason for lengthening is to indirectly reference the "cookbook"
> metaphor.  [If you really want that metaphor, why not use it directly,
> as in "A Cookbook for Serving...."?  A couple of other nits:  You don't
> usually use either cookbooks or recipes to describe serving, rather, you
> serve what was produced using cookbooks or recipes.  Also, if they're
> going to be cookbooks or recipes, aren't they different for French,
> Italian, and Chinese "cuisine"?]

Could the metaphor perhaps be pushed into a sub-heading?

"Publishing RDF Vocabularies: Server Configuration Recipes", for eg?

I prefer "RDF vocabs" to "RDFS and OWL"; to me, RDFS and OWL are
technologies for decribing RDF vocabs, just a the new rules language
from the RIF WG will be.

I prefer "publishing" to "serving"; but only mildly.

Sorry I missed the telecon btw :(

Dan