Re: Talk on SW Best Practices WG

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 15:13 +0200, Thomas Baker wrote:
> I am scheduled to report on developments in the SW BPD
> Working Group at an event in Vienna on June 20 [1].
>
> In my talk, I was tentatively planning to cover SKOS in
> particular detail but want to give an overview of other
> task forces as well and would be grateful for any slides
> (or pointers to slides) that others may have in this regard.

I made a SKOS slide last week, presented briefly during Alistair's
XTech talk.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-archive/2005May/0025.html
There's a less texty version in Alistair's slides (are these online?)
that he
made (reconstructed from a beermat ;) and OpenOffice source file
at the url above.

I wanted to make the point that SKOS is important because it bridges 3
worlds: that of formal data modelling and exchange (RDF/OWL), that of
the librarian and information professional, and that of 'scruffy'
grassroots
Web data (blogs etc).

Dan