RE: [Fwd: Re: [DC] Implementing DC in OWL DL]

Hi Dan

I think this issue is more general than the DC example. In many use cases, people want
properties to be migrated to OWL without having to decide if they become Object or
Datatype, because they need both, typically the former when values are controlled
(reference to known individuals), and the latter when they are not.

IMO the original DC properties should keep this flexibility and stay as they are as
unspecified rdf:property, but more specific subproperties could be defined to use in OWL,
one Object and one Datatype, such as

dc:creator
	dc:creator_object
	dc:creator_data

Certainly better names are to be found, but that's the idea.

How does that sound?

Bernard Vatant
Mondeca Knowledge Engineering
bernard.vatant@mondeca.com