[Fwd: Re: [DC] Implementing DC in OWL DL]

OK this is getting towards FAQ territory (see fwd'd
msg on DC and OWL DL).

The DC properties can all be used either with
resources or literals, and there's 5+ years practice
of doing so.

Users who are trying to exploit DL facilities seem to
suffer pain because of this.

I wonder if SWBP has any advice (a) for them, or
(b) for the Dublin Core initiative (noting that
Tom Baker is a critical link between SWBP and DCMI).

There is a DC conference coming up in mid-Sept,
http://dc2005.uc3m.es/ and we have a SemWeb session
in the schedule that needs fleshing out, as well as
a  meeting of the Dublin Core architecture WG. I'd like
to start gathering perspectives from this WG re the
costs (in terms of exploiting SW infrastructure) of DC
continuing to focus on properties that can be used in
both styles. If there is a lot that can be shown to be
gained from making DC more DL-friendly, perhaps
(Tom, any comments?) some proposals could be
sketched here (and on dc-architecture) for a way forward...?

Thanks for any thoughts,

Dan

Forwarded message 1