Re: [ALL] Agenda 10 Feb telecon 1800 UTC

* Guus Schreiber <schreiber@cs.vu.nl> [2005-02-09 19:03+0100]

> 1. ADMIN (15 min)
>
> Roll call
> Regrets:  Carroll

Regrets, unfortunately, from me. (f2f Quatro project meeting)

Sorry to have to miss another meeting. I have commented
on various parts of the agenda below in an attempt to
compensate for being absent.

> PROPOSED next telecon
>    Feb 24, 1800 UTC

Regrets also, I'll be on a plane to Boston :(

> Tech Plenary / ftf
> http://www.w3.org/2004/12/allgroupoverview.html

I'd like to remind SWBPD WG folk that there is also
a Semantic Web Interest Group meeting on the monday/tuesday
of TP week, and that they're very welecome. We have a
thread on semantic-web@w3.org regarding agenda proposals;
see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/semantic-web/2005Feb/0034.html
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/interest/meetings/tp2005.html

On the SWIG front, I'd also like to mention that I've updated the
SWIG homepage, see http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/interest/
and that www-rdf-interest@w3.org has been replaced by
use the latter; see
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/2005Feb/0046.html

> 2.2: DAWG: UNSAID and SOUCE issues
>
> See Dan Connoly;'s messge:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Jan/0158.html

I have been looking at SPARQL. I believe SOURCE (or 'GRAPH', if the
keyword gets renamed) is pretty essential. UNSAID, if it can be
given a clear semantics and implimented efficiently (beyond my
competence to tell) would also be useful, but is not nearly as
important for v1.0.

> 3. TF UPDATE
>
> ACTION: ralph to make a "List of WG documents" more apparent from the
>   home page
>

> 3.1 PORT (Alistair)
>
> PROPOSED to publish the SKOS Guide as 1st Working Draft:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Feb/0034.html

I support publishing SKOS WD as-is, or with any minor tweaks Alistair
needs to make. The open issues section now addresses my
main concern, which is the relationship between SKOS and RDF/OWL,
ie. when are people supposed to model things as SKOS 'concepts' vs
simply using RDF classes, properties and individuals?
http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core/guide/#secopen

(is http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core/spec/ supposed to go out at
same time? or afterwards? wondering about cross-linking issues...).

> 3.3 WordNet (Aldo)
>
> ACTION: guus discuss Mark's participation in Wordnet tf with Brian
> ACTION: Brian and DanBri talk about Wordnet document

We talked. I believe last year. We could probably talk again...

> Overview of WordNet resources:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2005Feb/0029.html

I should note that Brad Allen of Siderean also offered some Wordnet
/ RDF code. I'd be happy to take an action to follow that up, to
have it tracked here.

> 4, AOB

I guess I should give advance warning that I may need to leave the
WG post-April, depending on details of my funding situation. I hope to
spend some decent time on SKOS and Vocab Management work before then
(likely in late March and April rather than pre-Mar22, when most of
my time is going on EU project proposal authoring).