Re: Graphical notation from Representing Values note

Gary Ng wrote:

> Evan,
>
> Any chance of getting a preview of your mapping? I am very interested in
> this area. OMG has just announced their ODM draft [1] and I will
> certainly be looking into that. In fact, do you have an update on the
> UML profile for OWL effort? I recall that it was an agenda item on SWBPD
> some months ago. May be I just need to go digging the list archive.

You're right. The topic is in our charter. I will add the issue to the
Sep 16 telecon agenda. I would hope to find at least some volunteers to
review the ODM draft.

Guus

> I have found standard UML to Owl needs resolution on the following:
>
> . Semantics differences between association/property/fields in UML to
> OWL property hierarchy, obj and datatype properties.
> . Treatment of subclassof semantics vs equivalentClass semantics.
> . Construction of complex expressions, especially in expressing
> restriction class as a class in it's own right.
>
> I have seen several ways of dealing with the above, but none seem to
> have the right balance between: expressiveness vs the mental demand in
> understanding the resulting diagram vs the demand of screen real estate.
> I have high hopes on the OMG efforts.
>
> I'd be happy to have a discussion about all these.
>
> Cheers,
>
> [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-logic/2004Sep/0006.html
>

> Gary
>
> Gary Ng, PhD             <gary.ng@networkinference.com>
> Network Inference Ltd.,
> 5963 La Place Court, Suite 300
> Carlsbad, CA 92008, USA. Tel: +1 760 476 0650

Tel: +31 20 444 7739/7718
E-mail: schreiber@cs.vu.nl
Home page: http://www.cs.vu.nl/~guus/