W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swbp-wg@w3.org > December 2004

RE: Minutes of meeting 2 December 2004

From: Miles, AJ (Alistair) <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 15:19:45 -0000
Message-ID: <F5839D944C66C049BDB45F4C1E3DF89D18DB18@exchange31.fed.cclrc.ac.uk>
To: "'public-swbp-wg@w3.org'" <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>

Please ignore previous post with this subject title, accidentally sent
before it was completed.

Will post full minutes shortly.

Alistair.

---
Alistair Miles
Research Associate
CCLRC - Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
Building R1 Room 1.60
Fermi Avenue
Chilton
Didcot
Oxfordshire OX11 0QX
United Kingdom
Email:        a.j.miles@rl.ac.uk
Tel: +44 (0)1235 445440



> -----Original Message-----
> From: Miles, AJ (Alistair) 
> Sent: 16 December 2004 15:18
> To: 'public-swbp-wg@w3.org'
> Subject: Minutes of meeting 2 December 2004
> 
> 
> W3C Semantic Web Best Practices & Deployment Working Group 
> 
> Minutes of telecon for 
> 2 December 2004, 1500 UTC 
> Duration: 60 -90 min 
> 
> IRC log: http://www.w3.org/2004/12/02-swbp-irc
> 
> Chair:  David Wood
> Scribe: Alistair Miles
> 
> Please note that SWBP&D WG telecons are for attendance by members and 
> invited experts only. 
> 
> NEW ACTIONS:
> 
> 
> ACTIONS CONTINUED FROM LAST TELECON -
> 
> ACTION: guus send jeremy pointer about numeric ranges and XMLS
> ACTION: Brian and DanBri need to talk about what need to do for
> Wordnet document to be good enough
> ACTION: Jeremy Clarify which parts of UML docs HP is most interested
>    in reviewing
> ACTION: ralph contact steve pemberton to clarify html wg's position on
>    inclusion of rdf/a in their last call wd.
> ACTION: Ralph take up TAG-SWBP agenda CG tomorrow
> 
> 1. ADMINISTRIVIA 
> 
> Roll call 
> Attendees:   
> (phone) David Wood, Phil_Tetlow, Tom_Baker (muted), 
> Evan_Wallace, Alistair_Miles, Fabien_Gandon, Andreas_Harth, 
> Steve_Pepper, Natasha_Noy, Marco,  
> (irc) ChrisW, JeffP, Benjamin, MIkeU 
> 
> Regrets: Deborah
> 
> 2. ACTION ITEM REVIEW
>  
> ACTION: guus to note on numeric ranges after the xml datatypes TF has
>    finished
> COMPLETED
> 
> ACTION: guus send jeremy pointer about numeric ranges and XMLS
> CONTINUED
> 
> ACTION: Brian and DanBri need to talk about what need to do for
> Wordnet document to be good enough
> CONTINUED
> 
> ACTION: VM TF to compile list of sample vocabs for the note
> COMPLETED
> 
> ACTION: VM TF with help from Guus to find thesaurus like example and
>    high end ontologies to section 3
> DROPPED
> 
> ACTION: David to contact Eric Miller re his interest in joining the 
> RDFTM TF
> COMPLETED
> 
> ACTION: Jeremy Clarify which parts of UML docs HP is most interested
>    in reviewing
> CONTINUED
> 
> ACTION: david put software engineering task force on agenda for two 
> weeks time
> COMPLETED
> 
> ACTION: david to propose a telecon schedule for the new year
> COMPLETED
>          
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Dec/0008.html
> 
> ACTION: guus to introduce new members from rdftm task force to the wg
> COMPLETED?
> 
> ACTION: ralph contact steve pemberton to clarify html wg's position on
>    inclusion of rdf/a in their last call wd.
> CONTINUED
> 
> ACTION: Ralph take up TAG-SWBP agenda CG tomorrow
> CONTINUED
> 
> ACTION: steve email 13250 to the WG
> COMPLETED
> 
> NEW ACTION: fabio & new RDFTM TF members to post a short biog 
> to SWBP list
> 
> 3. Liaison issues
> 
> 3.1 Review of SPARQL
> 
> Message by Jeremy:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Nov/0102.html
> short discussion on resulting actions
> 
> 3.2 Planning of ODM review activity
> 
> - David proposed to put off till next telecon.
> 
> 4. SE TF
> 
> PROPSED to accept a new SE TF, along the lines of Phil's proposal:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Dec/0005.html
> 
> Phil T made a general statement supporting the need for this 
> TF, and the opportunities it presents.
> 
> David supports the idea of the TF, but concerned the scope is 
> too broad, especially as we have many other active TFs currently.
> 
> There was discussion of scope, with Phil proposing that the 
> sole (initial) deliverable for this TF would be a 'work in 
> progress' document, with goal to generate interest, stimulate 
> discussion in area of 'ontology-driven software engineering'.
> 
> ---
> Alistair Miles
> Research Associate
> CCLRC - Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
> Building R1 Room 1.60
> Fermi Avenue
> Chilton
> Didcot
> Oxfordshire OX11 0QX
> United Kingdom
> Email:        a.j.miles@rl.ac.uk
> Tel: +44 (0)1235 445440
> 
> 
Received on Thursday, 16 December 2004 15:20:24 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:31:03 UTC