W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swbp-wg@w3.org > December 2004

Minutes of meeting 2 December 2004

From: Miles, AJ (Alistair) <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 15:18:13 -0000
Message-ID: <F5839D944C66C049BDB45F4C1E3DF89D18DB17@exchange31.fed.cclrc.ac.uk>
To: "'public-swbp-wg@w3.org'" <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>

W3C Semantic Web Best Practices & Deployment Working Group 

Minutes of telecon for 
2 December 2004, 1500 UTC 
Duration: 60 -90 min 

IRC log: http://www.w3.org/2004/12/02-swbp-irc

Chair:  David Wood
Scribe: Alistair Miles

Please note that SWBP&D WG telecons are for attendance by members and 
invited experts only. 

NEW ACTIONS:


ACTIONS CONTINUED FROM LAST TELECON -

ACTION: guus send jeremy pointer about numeric ranges and XMLS
ACTION: Brian and DanBri need to talk about what need to do for
Wordnet document to be good enough
ACTION: Jeremy Clarify which parts of UML docs HP is most interested
   in reviewing
ACTION: ralph contact steve pemberton to clarify html wg's position on
   inclusion of rdf/a in their last call wd.
ACTION: Ralph take up TAG-SWBP agenda CG tomorrow

1. ADMINISTRIVIA 

Roll call 
Attendees:   
(phone) David Wood, Phil_Tetlow, Tom_Baker (muted), Evan_Wallace,
Alistair_Miles, Fabien_Gandon, Andreas_Harth, Steve_Pepper, Natasha_Noy,
Marco,  
(irc) ChrisW, JeffP, Benjamin, MIkeU 

Regrets: Deborah

2. ACTION ITEM REVIEW
 
ACTION: guus to note on numeric ranges after the xml datatypes TF has
   finished
COMPLETED

ACTION: guus send jeremy pointer about numeric ranges and XMLS
CONTINUED

ACTION: Brian and DanBri need to talk about what need to do for
Wordnet document to be good enough
CONTINUED

ACTION: VM TF to compile list of sample vocabs for the note
COMPLETED

ACTION: VM TF with help from Guus to find thesaurus like example and
   high end ontologies to section 3
DROPPED

ACTION: David to contact Eric Miller re his interest in joining the 
RDFTM TF
COMPLETED

ACTION: Jeremy Clarify which parts of UML docs HP is most interested
   in reviewing
CONTINUED

ACTION: david put software engineering task force on agenda for two 
weeks time
COMPLETED

ACTION: david to propose a telecon schedule for the new year
COMPLETED
         
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Dec/0008.html

ACTION: guus to introduce new members from rdftm task force to the wg
COMPLETED?

ACTION: ralph contact steve pemberton to clarify html wg's position on
   inclusion of rdf/a in their last call wd.
CONTINUED

ACTION: Ralph take up TAG-SWBP agenda CG tomorrow
CONTINUED

ACTION: steve email 13250 to the WG
COMPLETED

NEW ACTION: fabio & new RDFTM TF members to post a short biog to SWBP list

3. Liaison issues

3.1 Review of SPARQL

Message by Jeremy:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Nov/0102.html
short discussion on resulting actions

3.2 Planning of ODM review activity

- David proposed to put off till next telecon.

4. SE TF

PROPSED to accept a new SE TF, along the lines of Phil's proposal:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Dec/0005.html

Phil T made a general statement supporting the need for this TF, and the
opportunities it presents.

David supports the idea of the TF, but concerned the scope is too broad,
especially as we have many other active TFs currently.

There was discussion of scope, with Phil proposing that the sole (initial)
deliverable for this TF would be a 'work in progress' document, with goal to
generate interest, stimulate discussion in area of 'ontology-driven software
engineering'.

---
Alistair Miles
Research Associate
CCLRC - Rutherford Appleton Laboratory
Building R1 Room 1.60
Fermi Avenue
Chilton
Didcot
Oxfordshire OX11 0QX
United Kingdom
Email:        a.j.miles@rl.ac.uk
Tel: +44 (0)1235 445440
Received on Thursday, 16 December 2004 15:18:54 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:31:03 UTC