RE: [SE] Re: Software Engineering Task Force $swbpd

I don’t recall our deciding to have a separate mailing list. Unless there are compelling reasons to do so, I recommend doing as all the other TFs do.   Perhaps this was discussed and I missed, it for the record, what are some good reasons for having a separate mailing list?

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Phil Tetlow [mailto:philip.tetlow@uk.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 11:04 AM
To: Ralph R. Swick
Cc: SWBPD list
Subject: Re: [SE] Re: Software Engineering Task Force

Ralph,

Sure thing. I'll format the ToR and pass them back to you tomorrow morning.

I believe that the consensus from the telecon was to establish both a
separate public mailing list and a public wiki, but if protocols already
exist for the establishment of such then I am personally happy to follow
existing guidelines - I'll willingly take your direction on this.

I would additionally appreciate your guidance on the number of external
experts that can take part on a TF from individual W3C member
organisations. Obviously I am experiencing a bit of a groundswell amongst
my own colleagues and would like to set their expectations.

Kind Regards

Phil Tetlow
Senior Consultant
IBM Business Consulting Services
Mobile. (+44) 7740 923328

             "Ralph R. Swick"
             <swick@w3.org>
             08/12/2004 09:49          Phil Tetlow/UK/IBM@IBMGB
                                                                        cc
                                       "SWBPD list"
                                       <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>
                                                                   Subject

At 05:41 AM 12/3/2004 -0500, Phil Tetlow wrote:
>Ralph,
>
>I hope things as going well at the W10 meeting?

yes, thanks.  Sorry for the delayed reply; I'm swamped with various
things at the moment, only some of which is WG-related.

>At yesterday’s SWBP telecon the Software Engineering Task Force was
agreed.
>Therefore I would appreciate your guidance on:
>
>1.    Posting the current terms of reference to the SWBP homepage

It would help me a lot if you'd mail me a version of the content of [1]
put into the WG's task force description template [2].  (This template
is linked from the Background References section [3] of the WG home
page but may be easy to overlook there.

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Nov/0084.html
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/TFtemplate
[3] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/#Background

>2.    Setting up a public mailing list

Does the SE Task Force want a separate mailing list?  Not seeing
minutes yet of the 2 December meeting I don't know if having a
separate list was discussed or decided.  At the present, all TFs are
using public-swbp-wg list with the convention of adding a token to
the subject line (as Mike Uschold did in [4] and I did in this message).
The HTML task force is the only exception currently, as there was
already a list established for that work prior to the SWBPD WG
coming into existence.  (I don't feel personally that a separate list
is warranted, though I don't feel so strongly as to discuss it for long.
Ultimately, the entire WG is responsible for reaching consensus on
any proposals from each task force.)

[4] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Dec/0027.html

>3.    Setting up a public Wiki

Please use the wiki at http://esw.w3.org/topic/FrontPage