Re: [WRLD] issue from Jena-dev

From: Nick Gibbins <nmg@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 10:02:51 +0100
To: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: SWBPD list <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>

Jeremy Carroll wrote:

> The following came up on Jena-dev, with the refrain "that sounds like a
> job for best practices" ... (not exactly)
>
> [[
> given an arbitrary source of semantic
> web data on the 'net, what *is* the best practice for determining which
> semantic-web language and encoding is being used?
> ]]
> (e.g. use OWL Full or DL or RDFS semantics)

I'm not sure if this counts as best practice, but we use a simulated
stochastic process to determine which Semantic Web language is being used
by a particular file. You can see a demo of our technique at:

http://triplestore.aktors.org/demo/OwlBall/

--
Nick Gibbins                                            nmg@ecs.soton.ac.uk
IAM (Intelligence, Agents, Multimedia)             tel: +44 (0) 23 80598347