RE: [ALL] Human-friendly syntax for communicating OWL fragments

David Norheim wrote :

> Remember who is our 'customers' here, the syntax should rather help
> them than us. In most cases I believe that the 'customer' will be
> engineers trying to build systems using RDF/RDFS/OWL, me being one of
> them. These people are usually already quite familiar with XML and
> possibly RDF, and it is actually easier using an RDF/XML syntax.

Very much agreed. For 'angle-brackets' people, RDF-OWL looks first like just yet another
XML dialect. So, many of them will come to OWL through the RDF-XML syntax, because this is
a language they know. Then they will hopefully switch to semantics - although an
identified pitfall is to have hackers using OWL as yet another convenient XML vocabulary
without understanding well or caring about its semantics. If we can't speak to those guys
their own language, there is a whole part of the SW target market and potential developers
that we might miss.

Bernard