Re: tabindex

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 11:16:42 -0500
To: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Cc: Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>, SVG WG <public-svg-wg@w3.org>, SVG public list <www-svg@w3.org>

Unfortunately, I do not recall that discussion either. Before I made the
change I had not put tabindex on all elements. For example, <title> and
<desc> would not get a tabindex because they would not be rendered although
I suppose <title> could be used a tooltip.

All browsers, however, had tabindex on all elements. I don't recall the
HTML spec. saying that if tabindex was applied it would not be rendered.
For example ... e.g. <meta> or <title> in HTML.

Shadow DOMs should allow shadow DOM elements to participate in the tab
order.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger