Finished ISSUE-2364, ACTION-2834, Regarding Pointer Events on the Root

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 23:55:15 -0500
To: public-svg-wg@w3.org
Hi, folks-

Cameron McCormack wrote (on 11/24/10 5:48 PM):
> ISSUE-2364 - ACTION-2834 on DS
>    SVG 1.1 may be ambiguous about the root element acting as a proximal
>    event target

To resolve this issue, as discussed on the telcon and at the F2F, I have
changed the description of pointer event processing to be more precise
and separate different aspects; added definitions for 'pointer' and
'hit-testing'; and clarified that this spec doesn't define root-element
event processing in embedded content, but that it will be defined in a
future spec.

I only changed the master, not the publish draft.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG, WebApps, and Web Events WGs