Re: ISSUE-2129 (definition clarifications): Definition section is too long and needs clarifications (bbox, canvas, etc.) [Last Call: SVG 1.2 Tiny ]

Hi, Cyril-

Cyril Concolato wrote (on 10/15/08 7:48 PM):

>>> For this comment, I don't know what edit to propose.
>>>

>> I think this sentence was trying to say too much towards the end. I
>> removed "but must return a bounding box for the sake of calculating
>> their own geometry." from the end of the sentence and started a new
>> sentence which says:
>> "Elements that do not contribute to the bounding box of a parent
>> element must still return their own bounding box value when required."
>>
>> Does this change help clarify paragraph or is clarification of the
>> "defs" element still required?
> I'm not sure. The first sentence mentions that the BB is 'applicable'
> only to elements with display other than none. So, since defs is
> equivalent to display=none, therefore the BB should not be applicable.
> But your last sentence seems to say that defs must return something. I
> guess it all depends on the meaning of applicable. If not applicable
> means bounding box = '0 0 0 0', then it's ok.

I've added an illustrative example [1], which I hope will clarify how
the bbox results vary based on context.  This is to maximize the utility
to authors.

Please let us know if this satisfies your concern.

[1] http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/publish/coords.html#ExampleBBoxCalc

Regards-
-Doug