ISSUE-2065 (find text): Text selection - but what about Find Text ? [Last Call: SVG 1.2 Tiny ]

From: SVG Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 04:12:21 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-svg-wg@w3.org

ISSUE-2065 (find text): Text selection - but what about Find Text ? [Last Call: SVG 1.2 Tiny ]

http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/track/issues/2065

Raised by: Doug Schepers
On product: Last Call: SVG 1.2 Tiny

Jeff Schiller
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2008Sep/0092.html>:
[[
I notice that text selection and clipboard operations are still
recommended by the SVG spec [1], but I would consider it useful if SVG
Viewers that support "Find Text" operations also supported "Find Text"
in SVG <text> and <textArea> elements.  Additionally, some suggested
behavior that SVG Viewers should follow in the case of text fragment
being found would be useful to improve interoperability across
implementations (pan and zoom to text?).
]]