W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-svg-wg@w3.org > July to September 2008

Minutes telcon Sept 11, 2008

From: Erik Dahlstrom <ed@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 13:50:38 +0200
To: "public-svg-wg@w3.org" <public-svg-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <op.uhbe6ortgeuyw5@macbooked.local>

Hello public-svg-wg,

fresh minutes here:

    http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-svg-minutes.html

or dry plaintext below:

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                    SVG Working Group Teleconference

11 Sep 2008

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-svg-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Andrew_Sledd, Doug_Schepers, anthony, aemmons

    Regrets
    Chair
           SV_MEETING_CHAIR

    Scribe
           ed

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]testsuite
          2. [5]1.2T
          3. [6]testsuite
          4. [7]global/abstractview
      * [8]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________



    <trackbot> Date: 11 September 2008

    <shepazu> [9]http://schepers.cc/?p=71

       [9] http://schepers.cc/?p=71

testsuite

    AG: finished generating references, and made fixes
    ... some of the animation tests revision numbers don't match
    ... all the ones I checked have matching revision numbers, but the
    ones I haven't checked I'm not sure about

    ED: how many are left to check?

    AG: ~190 tests to check

    ED: if the reference and the testcase pass criteria don't match,
    which is the true pass criteria?

    AG: testsuite doesn't say currently

    DS: we can publish the testsuite, and come back and change the
    mismatches in the coming weeks

    <anthony> fonts-desc-03-t.svg

    <anthony> fonts-desc-05-t.svg

    AG: came across two tests (above)
    ... they're font-matching tests
    ... both have status="accepted" but are not approved yet
    ... from svg basic 1.1
    ... bitflash and opera pass fonts-desc-03-t.svg
    ... bitflash passes the 05 as well

    <anthony>
    [10]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/SVG/profiles/1.2T/test/svg/fonts-desc-0
    3-t.svg

      [10]  
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/SVG/profiles/1.2T/test/svg/fonts-desc-03-t.svg

    <anthony>
    [11]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/SVG/profiles/1.2T/test/svg/fonts-desc-0
    5-t.svg

      [11]  
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/SVG/profiles/1.2T/test/svg/fonts-desc-05-t.svg

    [12]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-svg-wg/2007JanMar/0260.h
    tml

      [12]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-svg-wg/2007JanMar/0260.html

    [13]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-svg-wg/2006AprJun/0648.h
    tml

      [13]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-svg-wg/2006AprJun/0648.html

    ED: we'll come back to these for the next release we make of the
    testsuite

    <anthony>
    [14]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/SVG/profiles/1.2T/test/svg/animate-elem
    -201-t.svg?sortby=file

      [14]  
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/SVG/profiles/1.2T/test/svg/animate-elem-201-t.svg?sortby=file

    [15]http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/test/svg/animate-elem-201-t.
    svg

      [15]  
http://dev.w3.org/SVG/profiles/1.2T/test/svg/animate-elem-201-t.svg

    AG: will choose a smaller fontsize and regenerate
    ... so we'll go ahead and publish, some of the references will have
    mismatching revision numbers

    NH: can I help out?

    AG: checking references against each test is useful, but we can do
    it after the publication
    ... would be good

    NH: when is the publication?

    AG: asap
    ... will contact CL to push it out

1.2T

    DS: made changes to the spec in the past few days, please check them
    ... most from actions
    ... put in criteria for search-engines
    ... hopefully useful for search-engines...
    ... still working on dom 3 events -> udom, should be done later
    today
    ... then I need to put the highlevel view of the changes
    ... and making it pubrules compliant
    ... CL and me are probably the only ones to have spec-editing
    actions left
    ... made some notes about what might be broken in the schema
    ... that's something that can be fixed while we're in LC
    ... finishing up title and desc, changelog and dom3events...those
    are the only things holding up the publication

    <shepazu>
    [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2008JulSep/026
    2.html

      [16]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2008JulSep/0262.html

    DS: we had agreed to add @rel and @rev to svgt12
    ... spoke to some microformat people, and there are some attributes
    missing for rdfa
    ... this along with ARIA will allow svg to be processed in more
    interesting ways
    ... added the 9 attributes and 'role'
    ... only requirement is to put them into the DOM

    AE: if it's XML then it'll be in the dom, no additional impl. burden

    NH: i agree

    DS: ok
    ... so AE did you do the action for 'static'/bufferedrendering

    AE: yes

    DS: is a good addition to svg

    NH: agree

testsuite

    AG: did you check revision numbers on the ones you checked?

    AE: most of them yes, converted most to use svg patchfiles
    ... some of the media-anim ones are wrong, because it wasn't
    supported in batik
    ... I could go through and make mockups for those

    ED: think we should do that after publication yes
    ... svgpatchfiles are much simpler to handle than the png ones

    AG: ok, will send out an email and we can go through the ones that
    we have to fix up

global/abstractview

    [17]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2008JulSep/024
    6.html

      [17]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2008JulSep/0246.html

    [18]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2008JulSep/024
    7.html

      [18]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2008JulSep/0247.html

    [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2008JulSep/024
    9.html

      [19]  
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-svg-wg/2008JulSep/0249.html

    DS: curious about deployment patterns
    ... content on mobiles is a bit dynamic, right? because of
    sandboxing

    NH: we have different mobile and tv solutions, so there are
    different players out there
    ... may be a problem if the content is using the old way of
    accessing the content

    DS: could you deploy it as having both?

    NH: yes

    ED: or simply ask them to change the content

    DS: this is the reason we want to change it: it'll ease our
    transition to the next phase
    ... will help people making content, to move content out on the web
    as browsers see it
    ... the impact on your impl. is probably smaller than if we wait and
    try to do it later

    NH: will get back to you in two hours or so

    ED: it's mostly about changing the name, the functionality will
    still be there

    NH: right, will research how it would affect us
    ... some solutions use an svgplayer and then have a bunch of
    svgfiles and scripts
    ... others package svgfiles with the player that isn't dynamically
    updated
    ... some use dynamic updates from a server

    RESOLUTION: we will remove SVGDocument.global and replace it with
    defaultView from DOM 2 Views

    <scribe> ACTION: ed to remove SVGDocument.global replacing it with
    defaultView in the 1.2T spec [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-svg-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-2190 - Remove SVGDocument.global replacing
    it with defaultView in the 1.2T spec [on Erik Dahlström - due
    2008-09-18].

    trackbot, make minutes

    <trackbot> Sorry, ed, I don't understand 'trackbot, make minutes'.
    Please refer to [21]http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help

      [21] http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: ed to remove SVGDocument.global replacing it with
    defaultView in the 1.2T spec [recorded in
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-svg-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]
      _________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [23]scribe.perl version 1.133
     ([24]CVS log)
     $Date: 2008/09/11 11:46:41 $
      _________________________________________________________

      [23] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [24] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

    [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.133  of Date: 2008/01/18 18:48:51
Check for newer version at [25]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002
/scribe/

      [25] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: ed
Inferring Scribes: ed
Default Present: Andrew_Sledd, Doug_Schepers, anthony, aemmons
Present: Andrew_Sledd Doug_Schepers anthony aemmons

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 11 Sep 2008
Guessing minutes URL: [26]http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-svg-minutes.html
People with action items: ed

      [26] http://www.w3.org/2008/09/11-svg-minutes.html

    End of [27]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

      [27] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm

-- 
Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/
Received on Thursday, 11 September 2008 11:51:20 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:20:09 UTC