Closing ACTION-2185

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 01:58:15 -0400
To: SVG WG <public-svg-wg@w3.org>

Hi, SVG-

I closed ACTION-2185, "Add rel and rev to the svg 'a' element", with
changes in struct.html, metadata.html, and core-attrib.rng.

I spoke about this at length with an RDFa guru, and adding only @rel and
@rev is a good step, but not enough to enable RDFa fully.  We would need
6 other attributes: @typeof, @content, @datatype, @resource, @about, and
@property.  I know that sounds like a lot, but the effect on the spec
and on implementations is practically nil, since they would only require
that the attributes are placed in the DOM, with whitespace-separated
list of strings, just like @class.

Of course, these attributes would be subject to further constraint by an
additional schema for targeted validation, but that doesn't affect SVG.

What do folks think?  Could we add these six attributes?

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, WebApps, SVG, and CDF