Value of SVGElement::id when both id="" and xml:id="" are specified

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 22:34:35 +1000
To: public-svg-wg@w3.org

Hello WG.

The Document Structure chapter currently says:

  when both 'id' and 'xml:id' are specified on the same element but
  with different values, the SVGElement::id field must return either of
  the values but should give precedence to the 'xml:id' attribute.

I think that should be strengthened to say that xml:id must be given
precedence.  I don’t see any advantage to allowing the UA to return id
instead.