Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 19:03:16 -0500
From: "G. Wade Johnson" <gwadej@anomaly.org>
To: David Storey <dstorey@opera.com>
Subject: Re: Survey on SVG barriers of adoption

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 20:06:03 +0100
David Storey <dstorey@opera.com> wrote:

[snip]

> > I will certainly help promote such a survey.  What's your intended
> > methodology to get respondents?  Do you have a channel to get a
> > wide variety of samples?
>
> I know a fair amount of people, so I've a few channels I'd like to
> get it out on.  I want to mostly focus real world developers that
> don't really use SVG yet, which is why I ask at the start what their
> experience level is.  I don't want the results swayed by the already
> converted - who are more likely to find out about the survey - we
> should be able to filter the results based on the experience level.
>
> I plan to get it out via things like:
>
> * Twitter
> * Opera.com/developer or my.opera.com/odin
> * Ask people in my team and influential designer focused bloggers to
> post about it (such as Jon Hicks, Molly Holzschlag etc)
> * Ask people that have done developer surveys in the past like John
> Allsopp/Web Directions and ALA to promote it.
> * Get my team to mention it at conferences and SxSWi
>
> any other suggestions?

* Development users' groups.
* Developer mailing lists
* Developer community sites

(Any guesses on what my primary role is?)

I can suggest some particular examples of some of the above when you
are ready to get the word out.

G. Wade
--
There will always be things we wish to say in our programs that in all
known languages can only be said poorly.              -- Alan Perlis

--
Bugs thrive on poor housekeeping and inadequate hygine. Where one is
tolerated, many are found.                          -- Rick Hoselton