Re: Another draft of SVG book: Draft 2.0 -- IE8??

From: Helder Magalh„es <helder.magalhaes@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 21:49:13 +0100
To: "Dailey, David P." <david.dailey@sru.edu>
Cc: public-svg-ig@w3.org
Hi David,

> Incidentally, both http://srufaculty.sru.edu/david.dailey/cs427/StateOfArt-Dailey.html
> and http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/IG/resources/svgprimer.html seem to be crashing my recently installed version of IE8.
>
> I didn't have this problem with IE7. Does anyone else have an IE8 to test?

Yes, I tested both links and had no problem (IE8 in Windows XP SP3
with ASV6 installed), which was expected: the book is mainly HTML and
images (SVG isn't currently embed as far as I know). My guess is that
an old, buggy IE add-on is causing that. Please use the safe "Internet
Explorer (No Add-ons)" shortcut to clear this up (and, if so, disable
add-ons one by one until you find the faulty one).

Hope this helps,
 Helder