Re: Publication of SVG Book

Hi, SVG IG-

Having received no negative feedback about publishing David's book as of
close-of-business on the stated deadline, and with several emails in
support and positive consensus during the SVG IG telcons, I am very
happy to announce that we will be publishing David's book as a W3C SVG
IG Note.

Thanks again to David!

The current draft can be found here:

   http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/IG/resources/StateOfArt-Dailey.html

Several things need to be done to get this ready for publication.  It
was originally written in MS Word, and converted to HTML by a
combination of exporting from Open Office and hand-coding.  It needs a
lot of work to get it in good semantic order, such as applying the
correct headings and groupings (<div>s) to sections, adding appropriate
IDs and links, cleaning up the tables and code snippets, adding
styling-centric markup (hooks for CSS), and other such things.

If anyone wishes to help with this, please chime in... David and I would
be very grateful for the help.

Additionally, some of the material may now be out of date; a thorough
reading of content, testing of examples in different browsers, and other
such review is most welcome, and comments can be sent to this list.

David, is there anything else you'd like to say about next steps?

Thanks-
-Doug, on behalf of the SVG IG