Re: the suggested initial goal [ Re: Welcome!

> On 2016-07-12, at 23:28, Jeen Broekstra <jeen.broekstra@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 13/07/16 02:56, james anderson wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>> yes, i did an initial example in the wiki, just to show what one needs to be
>> able to look at in one plac just in order to comprehdne an issue.
>
> To be honest, I have no idea what I'm looking at there - assuming we're talking about the same wiki page:
>
> https://github.com/w3c/sparql-exists/wiki/Examples
>
> I see two SPARQL queries, the first followed by something which vaguely looks like a template for a query solution ( a lot of "s", "p" and "o" in various layers of bracketing) and then the sentence "the dataset as turtle", the second followed by "the intended solution as csv".
>
> Admittedly I haven't quite caught up with all the correspondence yet, but none of this really clarifies what the issue is, to me.
>
> Or do I perhaps misunderstand and is this merely a *template* you provided, that we collectively need to fill in with _actual_ examples?

better, now you do understand.
it is a mock up which draws from two of the patel-schneider cases.

> I'll be happy to assist with formatting if someone can provide some raw data:
>
> 1. a (minimal) sample dataset
> 2. a sample SPARQL query (we got those already)
> 3. expected outcome of query execution on the sample dataset
>
> I realize point 3 is exactly where the issue/dispute/uncertainty is, but picking _some_ example outcome gives us a good starting point, both for implementors to try their engine and see how it compares, and for us all to go back to the spec and see how we 'algebraically' arrive at that outcome.

exactly.
the one purpose for that table is to get (at least) those three things in one place on one page.
best would be if there were tooling which generated such a thing - in a much more compact form than the pages accompanying the current test suites, from the current test declarations.

before embarking on a manual process, it would be good to
a) know that no tooling exists
b) agree on the layout.

best regards, from berlin,
---