Re: Solid CG Chair Election 2023: Chair Self-Nominations

Hi Ila,

Thanks for asking, these are good questions!

Ponder Source is a post-capitalist steward-owned non-profit. The legal form
is a foundation, of which I am the founder and which employs me as its
director (steward). We are a team of currently 5 full-time software
engineers and one intern.

There are no shareholders of Ponder Source, so if we get more work we have
to work harder or grow the team, but our salaries will stay the same.

That’s why I didn’t say “my company”, I don’t own it, I just work there.
One of the goals of the Ponder Source is to help technologies like Solid
get adopted, which is also why we are allowed to contribute during work
time.

I don’t think there will be a conflict between the CG and the WG. In the WG
too, we will try to help build great technology, as part of Ponder Source’s
mission.

Let me know if you have further questions!

Cheers,
Michiel