Re: Solid CG Chair Election 2023: Chair Self-Nominations

Hi all,

I am throwing my hat in the ring for co-chair as well, after strong
encouragement from Elf Pavlik and Michiel at the CG meeting last week.

By now you probably know a bit about myself, after organizing Solid World
and the Hackathons this year. Let me share more about my background.

In the early 2000s, when I worked for IONA (who implemented a world class
SOA suite, one of the first), I was involved knee-deep in the WS-*
standards. Personally I was part of TC that produced the WS-BPEL 2.0 spec
(and collaborated with the WS-Choreography crowd). I learned a lot from
that process.

I was fortunate to contribute to large-scale global projects that have been
utilized for decades, collaborating with organizations like the UN and
SWIFT. The intriguing aspect of working on such a scale is the involvement
of multiple organizations, emphasizing the critical importance of good
governance.

Also at the same time I was involved with the Apache Software Foundation
for almost 20 years, I've been a member at ASF for more than 15 years, and
I was an officer of the foundation for 6 years. I was a committer, PMC
member, release manager, PMC Chair (Camel), mentor for a few incubating
projects, speaker. I've seen a lot.

My whole professional career has been contributing and leading distributed
and decentralized technologies. A robust and diverse community is dedicated
to developing identity solutions for decentralized systems. A smaller group
focuses on storage-related aspects. In my opinion, even with some flaws to
be addressed, Solid stands out as the most advanced player in this field
and is well-positioned for widespread adoption.

I stand before you as a committed advocate for positive change. A year ago,
I made a deliberate choice to join Inrupt. While they are my employer, my
commitment in this role is guided by free will. My goal is to be a unifying
force within our community. Drawing from my past experiences at Apache, I
have consistently worked to align individual and organizational interests
towards our shared greater good. Together, we can ensure that rising tides
lift all boats!

Despite occasional disagreements and minor drama within our community, I
want to emphasize again that Solid stands out as the most advanced
technology in the decentralized storage space. This achievement is a
testament to the excellent work done by the current leadership, and I am
committed to continuing and building upon that success. Our group already
boasts numerous brilliant minds capable of advancing the specifications
further. My goal is to complement these efforts by prioritizing community
growth and fostering collaborations with other like-minded groups.
Together, we can propel Solid to even greater heights.

I extend my sincere gratitude to Sarven, the outgoing chair, for his
contributions and service. I thank Pavlik and Michiel for their
encouragement, they would make wonderful chairs. It would be an honor to
join as co-chair and complement their efforts.

Thank you,

Hadrian

On Wed, Nov 15, 2023 at 4:07 AM Sarven Capadisli <info@csarven.ca> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> This is an announcement about the CG chair election as per the Solid CG
> charter [1].
>
> As part of the Solid CG Chair Election Procedure [2], we're currently in
> the phase where chair nominations are being accepted until 2023-11-28.
>
> The charter specifies that individuals seeking election must
> self-nominate and provide a statement about their background and reasons
> for candidacy on the group's mailing list. More ways to engage with the
> CG are outlined in [2].
>
> Chair candidates and voters might find the Self-Review Questionnaire for
> Chair Candidates [3] beneficial. There will be a dedicated topic in a CG
> weekly meeting for candidates if they would like to make a statement or
> answer questions from the community
>
> If you have any questions or comments, please join us in chat [4] or CG
> weekly meeting [5].
>
> [1] https://www.w3.org/community/solid/charter/
> [2] https://github.com/solid/specification/discussions/582
> [3] https://github.com/solid/specification/discussions/568
> [4] https://matrix.to/#/#solid_specification:gitter.im
> [5] https://github.com/w3c-cg/solid/#participation
>
> -Sarven
> https://csarven.ca/#i

addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged, confidential
and/or proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient of
this e-mail (or the person responsible for delivering this document to the
intended recipient), please do not disseminate, distribute, print or copy
this e-mail, or any attachment thereto. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please respond to the individual sending the message, and
permanently delete the email.