Re: Solid: An Explainer

Hi Melvin,

Le Thu, Nov 23, 2023 at 10:31:04AM +0100, Melvin Carvalho a écrit :
> The W3C TAG asked for a Solid Explainer, so I thought I would have a go.
> Good / bad / thoughts?

Thank you for taking the time to write this one page summary.

> Introduction

When reading this document I ask myself how the targeted
interoperability between applications will be reached.

When you talk about spreadsheets, people think about Excel or
LibreOffice, but I would like them to think about the xlsx format and
the OpenDocument Spreadsheet format instead, since there are many more
tools than can read/write these formats.

If separation between data and tools is the target, I think we should
always put the emphasis on the data model which is the real point of
contact between the pod and the application and the real show stopper:
if I send you xlsx and your spreadsheet software can't read it, the
communication is over.

Same goes for our ontology-based data shared on the web, doesn't it ?

--
Nicolas Chauvat