Re: files or database for solid pods [Was: Towards Solid Lite]

> So the worlds of JSON, JSON-LD and RDF are far closer than they may seem.

Agreed. But this doesn't resolve the question about whether lite should
REQUIRE some form of DB, which I think breaks down to two distinct use
cases:

1. Is a pod composable and queryable? In other words, Can I query the POD
as a database and get back either a list of name/value pairs or a composite
sub-graph extracted from all graphs in the DB.
2. Does each file in the system have associated "hidden" metadata that is
nonetheless queryable?

An example of the first would be "retrieve the labels and identifiers for
all classes defined in the system".
The second would be (return the most recent twenty files by date
descending).

*Kurt Cagle*
Editor in Chief
The Cagle Report