Re: FYI: solid.community pod shutting down

On Sat, 10 Oct 2020 at 23:24, Bart Hanssens (BOSA) <
bart.hanssens@bosa.fgov.be> wrote:

> Dear Melvin,
>

> Thank you for all the time and effort you, the admins and other people put
> into running the community pod !
>
> As you mentioned, keeping it up and running for that long is no small feat…

Thanks for the kind words, much appreciated

> When you say a server would be needed, what would be the requirements for
> this machine ?

Let me preface by saying there first also need to be full buy in to the
idea, and consensus / support.

Depending on what solution was required ie download data only / reclaim old
accounts / run full pod / start fresh.

But my guess is that the requirements would be something like a box running
ubuntu 20.04, 4GB RAM, 100GB storage

We could work with alot less, but more is better :)

On a hoster like scaleway I'd say that would come to about 10-20 euro per
month.  The bare minimum I think would be 5eur / month.

> And/or would a crowd-funding be an option ?

Possibly, but I dont know how the collection would work

> Best regards and wishing you a speedy and full recovery,

Thanks much! :)