Re: process request -- was: Using a Smart Client

On 03/07/2015 10:13 PM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:
> On 03/07/2015 06:32 PM, henry.story@bblfish.net wrote:
>>
>>> On 7 Mar 2015, at 18:17, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮
>>> <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org> wrote:

>>> Henry, both Tantek and Aaron choose not to participate in this
>>> mailing list, I recommend you discussing it with them over IRC
>>>
>>> you can lave messages there using !tell e.g. !tell tantek let's
>>> talk about Using a Smart Client
>>
>> ?!?
>>
>> Sorry but participation in W3C WG requires all members to use the
>> same mailing list. We can't just work over 20 different channels.
>> What is written elsewhere, is not archived by the W3C and so has
>> no weight in the process.
> You could also meet on IRC and even use one time call bridge
> https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialig#Instructions_for_creating_a_one-time_call_bridge
>
>  AFAIK you can invite RRSAgent any time to #social IRC channel and
> it will log the conversation http://www.w3.org/2002/03/RRSAgent
>
> Henry, I can understand your frustration but also please understand
> that Tantek, Aaron and other IndieWeb folks find mailing lists
> unproductive and draining energy. IMO we don't have 20 but just 4
> official channels: mailing-list, wiki, IRC, tracker + telecons
> which gives us enough flexibility to not force others to do
> something they really don't want to do. And I know that you use IRC
> anyways :)
>
> BTW on #indiewebcamp IRC i see Postel's law mentioned pretty often
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robustness_principle "Be conservative
> in what you send, be liberal in what you accept"
>
> Cheers!
>

>> I'd like clarification on process from the W3C

They are subscribed to the mailing list and attend calls. However, I
don't think there's any part of W3C process that requires WG members
to respond to every email they get. I suggest that you try to chat
with them over IRC as well, and we can raise this issue on the next
telecon.

   cheers,
        harry