Re: User stories for Social API

On 2015-02-04 06:01 AM, henry.story@bblfish.net wrote:
> So all the user stories currently could be user stories for totally
> siloed social networks.

YES. That is exactly the case.

The difference is when you get to the developer stories. Those describe
some unique advantages of using a standard API between client and server.

If you'd like I can make this more explicit in the user cases.
> We could extend the user stories to make them more clearly cross
> organisational.
That would be a grievous mistake at this point.

We have as one of our deliverables a federation protocol. Our social API
is the client-to-server piece; the federation protocol is the
server-to-server piece.

We should make a point of not putting forward a social API that isn't
compatible with federation. However, it should not be dependent on
federation.

-Evan