Re: Regular weekly meeting 7 Apr 2015

On 04/07/2015 04:33 PM, Christopher Allan Webber wrote:
> Yeah, I do think being able to bring up issues before a meeting is a
> good idea... the problem we've had in the meetings is not certain
> agenda items being added at last minute, but spending a ton of time
> iterating through the issue list.  So I don't agree, but I appreciate
> elf trying to find ways to deal with the slow movement in the group.
I'll explain it during the call, but with timezones difference and many
people proffering not to work on Saturday and Sunday, Friday lands
pretty much as just before the telecon.

> Here's a suggestion: how about we always deal with the general issue
> list *last* on the call?  If people have specific issues they want
> raised, they can put them on the agenda, but then walking through the
> open issues and attempting to close them out can happen at the end.
> This way if people want to raise important things to be discussed with
> the group, that's not lost, and there's still time to go through the
> issue list.  (Especially if the call is now 90 minutes long...)
+1 besides making sure that we address some particular issues that most
of the participants had chance to get familiar with, also if someone
finds it to much of a burden than can simply leave the call earlier