Re: Activity Streams URI Namespace

From: Erik Wilde <dret@berkeley.edu>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 09:12:36 -0700
To: "public-socialweb@w3.org" <public-socialweb@w3.org>
CC: Andreas Kuckartz <a.kuckartz@ping.de>
hello.

On 2014-10-23, 9:05 , Andreas Kuckartz wrote:
> I am in favor of using the w3.org namespace. See also:
> http://www.w3.org/2005/07/13-nsuri
> But as far as I know using dates in URIs by the W3C so far has not
> really been helpful. It is almost impossible to get rid of such dates
> later. And I don't know why or if "www." is needed.

discussing the exact structure of the URI is a bit bike-shedding, as it
is nothing but an opaque identifier. it would be smart for the w3c to
have a naming policy/recommendation in place, but if they don't, then i
think pretty much any path is ok.

the only thing i think would be smart to avoid is to create the
impression that the namespace applies to the terms as they are used in
AS1, which is why i would vote against any URI that says something like
"AS1" in it.

cheers,

dret.

--
erik wilde | mailto:dret@berkeley.edu  -  tel:+1-510-2061079 |
            | UC Berkeley  -  School of Information (ISchool) |