Re: Activity Streams URI Namespace

From: Andreas Kuckartz <a.kuckartz@ping.de>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 18:05:56 +0200
To: "public-socialweb@w3.org" <public-socialweb@w3.org>
James M Snell wrote:
> The First Public Working Draft *should* publish today. Looking forward
> to next steps, we need to decide on the official Namespace URI that
> we'll be using. To this point we've been using
> http://activitystrea.ms/2.0/, which is not a W3C controlled domain.
>
> For the Activity and Actions vocabulary, what I propose is using:
>
>   http://www.w3.org/2014/activitystreams#
>
> Then for any legacy AS1 terms, we would either keep using
>
>   http://activitystrea.ms/1.0/ (to highlight the fact that these older
> terms are not officially endorsed/specified by the Working Group) or do:
>
>   http://www.w3.org/2011/activitystreams# (to highlight the year that
> Activity Streams 1.0 was published)

I am in favor of using the w3.org namespace. See also:
http://www.w3.org/2005/07/13-nsuri

But as far as I know using dates in URIs by the W3C so far has not
really been helpful. It is almost impossible to get rid of such dates
later. And I don't know why or if "www." is needed.

Anyway we do not need to make a final decision before publishing the FPWD.

Cheers,
Andreas