Re: AS2.0 Discovery

From: Erik Wilde <dret@berkeley.edu>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2014 07:51:43 -0700
To: ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>, "public-socialweb@w3.org" <public-socialweb@w3.org>
hello elf.

to answer your question:

On 2014-10-15, 4:22 , ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:
> I would like to start publishing my personal AS2.0 ASAP. Question arises
> - how can others discover it?

the short and simple answer: that's not covered by AS or AS2.

the longer answer: if you link to it in some context where discovery of
information "streams" is supported, and the client following that link
understands AS2, then you can make it discoverable in that context. for
feeds, this often uses the "alternate" link relation to point from a web
page (e.g., a blog page) to its feed. you could similarly link from your
web page (or any other resource) to its stream by using "alternate". not
a really helpful link relation, but at least something.

cheers,

dret.