Re: AS2.0 Discovery

On 10/15/2014 04:51 PM, Erik Wilde wrote:
> hello elf.
>
> to answer your question:
>
> On 2014-10-15, 4:22 , ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:
>> I would like to start publishing my personal AS2.0 ASAP. Question arises
>> - how can others discover it?
>
> the short and simple answer: that's not covered by AS or AS2.
>
> the longer answer: if you link to it in some context where discovery of
> information "streams" is supported, and the client following that link
> understands AS2, then you can make it discoverable in that context. for
> feeds, this often uses the "alternate" link relation to point from a web
> page (e.g., a blog page) to its feed. you could similarly link from your
> web page (or any other resource) to its stream by using "alternate". not
> a really helpful link relation, but at least something.
it could do the trick for requests with "Accept: text/html"
<link rel="alternate" type="application/activity+json" href="/activity/" />

still for requests with "Accept: application/ld+json application/json" i
would like to have mechanism as well

how about HTTP Header approach which would not depend on particular
Content Type?

HEAD /perpetual-tripper/ HTTP/1.1
Host: wwelves.org

HTTP/1.1 200 OK