Re: Activity Streams 1.0 basic schema verbs and object types supported by pump.io

On 11/03/2014 07:35 PM, Evan Prodromou wrote:
> As most people know, the AS 1.0 spec only defines one verb, "post".
>
> http://activitystrea.ms/specs/json/1.0/#post-verb
> <http://activitystrea.ms/specs/json/1.0/#post-verb>
>
> Other verbs are defined in the "Base Schema", here:
>
> https://github.com/activitystreams/activity-schema/blob/master/activity-schema.md
>
> I think we're all pretty well-agreed that only some subset of these
> verbs would be coming into AS 2.0.
I would still like to clarify reasons of not reusing schema.org for that
purpose.

> To help with this decision, I added an action for myself to share the
> verbs supported internally by pump.io. They are:
>
>   * *post *
>   * *create* (synonym for "post")
>   * *follow*
>   * *stop-following*
>   * *favorite *
>   * *like* (synonym for "favorite")
>   * *unfavorite *
>   * *unlike *(synonym for "unfavorite")
>   * *delete*
>   * *update*
>   * *add*
>   * *remove*
>   * *share*
>   * *unshare*
>   * *join*
>   * *leave*

* http://schema.org/CreateAction
* http://schema.org/FollowAction
* http://schema.org/LikeAction
* http://schema.org/DeleteAction
* http://schema.org/UpdateAction
* http://schema.org/AddAction
* http://schema.org/DeleteAction
* http://schema.org/ShareAction
* http://schema.org/JoinAction
* http://schema.org/LeaveAction

I already reported some issues with modeling CRUD using those terms. I
also think we can get more subtypes in if we show clear use cases!

> Of these, three are for CRUD on content ("post", "delete", and
> "update"), six are for social graph management ("follow" and
> "stop-following", "join" a group and "leave", "add" to and "remove" from
> a contact list), and four are for responses ("favorite" and
> "unfavorite", "share" and "unshare" -- posting a comment in-reply-to
> something is handled differently).
>
> Note that pump.io will happily store, display and transmit activities
> with verbs that it doesn't recognize; it just uses these particular
> verbs to modify its internal state.
>
> These are the object types supported internally by pump.io.
>
>   * *application*
>   * *audio*
>   * *binary*
>   * *collection*
>   * *comment*
>   * *file*
>   * *group*
>   * *image*
>   * *note*
>   * *person*
>   * *place*
>   * *video*

* http://schema.org/SoftwareApplication
* http://schema.org/AudioObject
* http://schema.org/MediaObject
* http://schema.org/Comment
* http://schema.org/Organization
* http://schema.org/ImageObject
* http://schema.org/Person
* http://schema.org/Place
* http://schema.org/VideoObject

from http://5stardata.info/
★★★★★ link your data to other data to provide context