Re: Content encoding

Hi Michael,

On 10/27/2015 09:06 AM, Michael Vogel wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just had a look at the vocabulary:
> http://jasnell.github.io/w3c-socialwg-activitystreams/activitystreams-vocabulary/
>
> For the content it says: "A natural language description of the object
> content. HTML markup, including visual elements such as images, MAY be
> included."
>
> I see a problem with this. If it contains HTML elements then linebreaks
> shouldn't be respected. But if it contains only plain text then
> linebreaks have to be respected.
>
> You can't simply do a detection since it could be possible that you had
> an implementation that uses only text - but someone put an HTML element
> into the text as part of a conversation.
>
> I would suggest an additional content-type value.
>
> Michael

We just had relevant discussion on another thread with Jason Robinson
(diaspora).
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-socialweb/2015Oct/0198.html

Michael, as an implementer and maintainer of Friendica you could gain
acceptance to join this group as Invited Expert and help with making
sure that technologies we work on in this group address your needs. Of
course you can also continue to offer your valuable feedback over
comments mailing list and on github. But I still would like to invite
you to consider joining this WG as Invited Expert.

Cheers!