Re: Content encoding

Hi!

Am 27.10.2015 um 09:42 schrieb elf Pavlik:

> On 10/27/2015 09:06 AM, Michael Vogel wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I just had a look at the vocabulary:
>> http://jasnell.github.io/w3c-socialwg-activitystreams/activitystreams-vocabulary/
>>
>> For the content it says: "A natural language description of the object
>> content. HTML markup, including visual elements such as images, MAY be
>> included."
>
> We just had relevant discussion on another thread with Jason Robinson
> (diaspora).
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-socialweb/2015Oct/0198.html

This discussion hadn't come to a conclusion I think. For me it would be
best to have something like a content-type and I would like to have it
defined to be "text/plain" or "text/html". Something like "Markdown" or
"BBCode" (used in Friendica) could only be an optional value. You can't
expect other networks to implement each and every kind of parser.

> Michael, as an implementer and maintainer of Friendica you could gain
> acceptance to join this group as Invited Expert and help with making
> sure that technologies we work on in this group address your needs. Of
> course you can also continue to offer your valuable feedback over
> comments mailing list and on github. But I still would like to invite
> you to consider joining this WG as Invited Expert.

Question is what is expected from me? There is some language and time
barrier for me. I can't join the telephone conference since I'm not very
good in understanding spoken English - especially via phone.
Additionally I'm having problems with many theoretical stuff. I'm not
the one who could discuss whether a specification could interfere with
some standard (RDF, JSON-LD, ...). I'm only the one who looks at the AS2
specification and could tell: "This here is unclear, that one is
misleading, there is something missing, ..."

And I'm having a time problem as well. I'm not able to follow each and
every post in the mailing list. It can be that I'm not able to do this
for several days (for example when I'm visiting customers for a week).
Additionally I wouldn't be able to join face2face meetings (for time and
money reasons)

But of course I would like to be able to make comments in some way.
Although I'm not the founder of Friendica I had worked now with DFRN
(the Friendica protocol), the Diaspora protocol and with OStatus (GNU
Social). Additionally I worked with several APIs for Twitter, App.net,
Pump.io, ...

Michael