Re: Doodle poll for new meeting time

hello elf.

as usual, thanks a lot for your initiative!

On 2015-04-01 13:09 , ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:
> Harry, James, Erik, Daniel - I hope we will have Vocabulary TF meetings
> on every other of alternating weeks and can focus on *domain specific*
> vocabularies.

while i am writing a fair bit about vocabularies, i actually have
relatively little interest in discussing specific ones. i just want to
make sure that AS2 will be open and extensible, with clear rules about
how extensions are going to work. my main interests are two-fold:

- AS2 should have a good built-in vocabulary that's defined in exactly
the same way than extension vocabularies can be defined. it should be
completely decoupled from the AS2 core specification. here's a starting
point james and i created a while ago based on the AS1 base schema:
http://dret.github.io/W3C/SocialWG/AS1-in-AS2.html

- regardless of how people decide they want to define their vocabularies
(formal RDF and informal prose are probably going to be two popular
options), it would be good to be able to "register" what's defined in
them, so that AS2 ecosystems have a way of linking to vocabulary
documentation. for AS1, we're playing around with ASDL, my guess is that
for AS2, something similar might be useful: https://github.com/dret/ASDL

thanks and cheers,

dret.

--
erik wilde | mailto:dret@berkeley.edu  -  tel:+1-510-2061079 |
            | UC Berkeley  -  School of Information (ISchool) |