Re: Task testing structure

Alastair writes:

> Could you clarify how that is different from the current situation?

For example, the 2.x conformance model allows the conformer to specify what
is in/out of scope based on web pages. Processes need to be dealt with as a
unit, but according to the spec, you *choose* URIs to conform.

If we want to continue to make conformance claims per-page (which is the
current model), then you are correct. But I also was under the presumption
that we were moving from a "per-page" conformance model to a "site-wide"
conformance "score". In that model, it is important to scope both the good
and the bad.

Assuming you have 10 "perfect" pages and 5 "horrible" pages, is your score
10/10 or 10/15?  If *I* get to set the scope, I'll exclude the 5 problem
pages as "non-critical" and bump my score to 10/10 - problem solved and who
cares about the users who cannot get to those other 5 pages... it's just a
pizza game or crossword puzzle after all...

And if you don't think that won't happen, I have a wonderful bridge for
sale in San Francisco...

JF

--
*​John Foliot* | Principal Accessibility Strategist | W3C AC Representative
Deque Systems - Accessibility for Good