Towards ontology metrics to guide the development and assessment of "good" ontologies

There are two issues I'd like to raise to our communities:

1 - What metrics should we use to assess ontology quality and determine whether an ontology is "good".
2 - Can we re-factor existing, and well used terminologies (SNOMED-CT, NCI-T, ICD) into "good" ontologies for health care and the life sciences?

m.