Re: URL +1, LSID -1

When I asked for a HOWTO I meant something a bit more general and
protocol oriented. Surely you're not advising that a new semweb
application should link against Firefox, or that it should have a
particular LSID resolver address wired in. As Mark W has pointed out,
a single point of failure and contention is not a good thing.

How does the Firefox plugin know who to talk to? Does it have a list
of LSID resolvers built into it, or sitting in a configuration file?
DNS resolvers have such a list - the set of root servers. There are
well-known ways to obtain this list. That kind of information is what
needs to be in an LSID HOWTO. (For SPARQL-based solutions this issue
would also have to be addressed somehow.)

Jonathan