Re: Ontology editor + why RDF?

On 3/31/06, Alan Ruttenberg <alanr@pluto.mumble.net> wrote:

> On Mar 31, 2006, at 3:26 AM, Danny Ayers wrote:
>
> > The work done around SKOS (and specific tasks like expressing WordNet
> > in RDF) does suggest RDF/OWL is a particularly good technology choice
> > for thesauri.

> Could you either summarize or point to a reference that explains in
> what ways this is so?

I'll see what I can find (I'm sure I've seen at least one write-up
covering this). I'd rather not try to summarize as it's not my field,
but I've seen enough to convince me it works ;-)

Although the following doc is mostly about "How?", there are a few
"Why?"-related points embedded in there -

Quick Guide to Publishing a Thesaurus on the Semantic Web
http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-thesaurus-pubguide/

Cheers,
Danny.

--