Ontology editor + why RDF?

From: deWaard, Anita (ELS) <A.dewaard@elsevier.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 12:36:58 +0100
To: public-semweb-lifesci@w3.org
Dear all,

A quick question that I was hoping this forum might have some thoughts on:
we are looking for a new editing tool for our life science thesaurus EMTREE
(proprietary, multi-facted polyhierarchical, 260 k terms (50 k preferred,
210 k+ synonyms), > 10,000 nodes) and I am trying to convince the thesaurus
department to go to an RDF-based editor. I was wondering if anyone had any
thoughts on
a- the best professional-grade ontology editor to use (serious alternatives
to Protege?), and
b- the best arguments to convince my company to start using RDF, both
internally and externally.

Thanks for any comments!

Anita
Anita de Waard