Re: CRS best practices: Google Geocoding API [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Hi Andy,

Your point about coordinates on other celestial bodies was well made. It is
an example of data that are spatial but not geographical. I am sure that in
the  sentence *“(WGS 84) Coordinate Reference System is used in almost all
cases where spatial data is published on the Web” *the term 'spatial
data' was meant to read 'geographical data'. There is an awful lot of
non-geographical spatial (geometric) data out there, on widely different
scales.

I hope that the work of the SDWWG can make a significant contribution to
bringing all different kinds of spatial data together on the web, so it
remains very important to ever acknowledge that that space entails much
more that geography.

Regards,
Frans