From: Kerry Taylor [mailto:kerry.taylor@anu.edu.au]
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2017 12:37 AM
To: public-sdw-wg@w3.org
Cc: Armin Haller; Ed Parsons
Subject: Voting on a name for ssn this week in plenary

 Dear SDW,
As you recall, we have decided that the ssn/sosa ontologies will have two separate namespaces, but not what those namespaces are. This will be determined in the PLENARY meeting this week. If you cannot attend the plenary, please make your opinion known by reply to this email before the meeting.

This issue can be separated into three:

1. STEM name
Choose between
                (a) Sensor, Observation, Sample, and Actuator ontology– sosa
                (b) Semantic Sensor Network ontology – ssn

2. SUFFIX name
Choose between
                (a) “lite”
                (b) “simple”
                (c)  “full”

3. CONNECTOR symbol
Choose between
                (a) “-“  hyphen
                (b) “_” underscore
                (c) “”  nothing – juxtaposition only

For example, choosing every (a) option  for 1, 2 and 3 would derive “sosa-lite” and “sosa” as the suffixes for the namespace uris and also the recommended namespace prefixes  for the simpler and fuller ontologies respectively. Choosing 1b,2c,3c would derive “ssn“ and “ssnfull”  for the simpler and fuller ontologies respectively.

Please indicate your preference for each of the three questions independently --- as the result will combine the preferred option from each of the three questions.

-Kerry